5th Annual Wolf Pack Run
Friday, October 13, 2023 (rain date: Friday, October 20, 2023)
The Winding Creek PTO is excited to announce that our 5th annual Wolf Pack Run will be held on Friday, October 13, 2023 (rain date October 20, 2023). This is our first, and most important, fundraiser for the year. EACH AND EVERY student will participate to raise funds while creating memories focused on fitness, fun, and Winding Creek wolf pack spirit!
WE DID IT!
Together we surpassed our goal and raised over $22,500 for our school, which will allow the PTO to fund all of our beloved events, activities, and programs again this year! Our donation window remains open until the end of October, so we can't wait to see what the final tally will be - we will share that information here on our website.
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped to make the Wolf Pack Run a success! Thank you to the kids who ran their little hearts out, the teachers and staff who were by their sides, and all those who donated, sent mailers, volunteered, cheered on our kids, and offered encouragement! A special thank you to our platinum level corporate sponsors as well:
Thank you all for your continued support! We couldn't have done it without you!
Run 101: Everything You Need to Know...and MORE!
1. With the Wolf Pack Run a few days away, we are still far from our goal of $25,000. If you haven't already, please consider sponsoring your child by making a donation ASAP! Donations can be sent via check or cash in your child's folder, or through this PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/donate?campaign_id=H9J8W38NYXEGA
We would appreciate you sharing the link with family, friends, and loved ones as well. We can't do this without your help! A big thank you to those families who have already donated!
2. BE THERE! On Friday, October 13 (rain date is Friday, October 20), all students will run or walk around a ¼ mile loop for 30 minutes. Come out and support our students by cheering them on! ALL spectators will need a badge.
ALL Wolf Pack Run volunteers and spectators will need a Winding Creek visitor badge. If you have been a visitor at our school before, please pre-register for a badge via: https://ttsu.me/wzrra7 by Wednesday, October 11th at 10:00 am. *Please register with your name as it appears on your license.* We will have your badge ready for you at the check-in table!
If you have not been to the school as a visitor, or are bringing a guest who is not in our system, be sure to arrive early with a driver’s license to allow plenty of time to have a visitor’s ID badge printed in the front office. Thank you for your cooperation!
3. The schedule is as follows for the Wolf Pack Run on Friday, October 13, 2023 (the rain date is October 20, 2023):
4th Grade: 9:35 – 10:05 a.m.
AM Kindergarten: 10:20 – 10:50 a.m.
5th Grade: 11:15 – 11:45 a.m.
1st Grade: 12:15 – 12:45 p.m.
2nd Grade: 1:05 – 1:35 p.m.
3rd Grade: 1:55 – 2:25 p.m.
PM Kindergarten: 2:45 – 3:15 p.m.
4. Please email us if your company is interested in becoming a corporate sponsor: email@example.com.
5. We are still looking for volunteers! Please sign up through the following link if you are available to help on Friday, October 13th:
6. On the day of the Wolf Pack Run, each child will be “stamped” with a washable stamp each time they complete a lap. After the run, they will be given a freezer pop to celebrate! If you do not want your child to be stamped or have a freezer pop, for whatever reason, please contact the school nurse so that arrangements can be made. Thank you!
7. To gear up for the big day, we are celebrating with Spirit Week!
Tuesday, October 10 - Hats off for Fitness Day! Wear your favorite cap or a silly hat!
Wednesday, October 11 - Wacky Wednesday! Wear mismatched socks, crazy hair, and your wackiest attire!
Thursday, October 12 - Favorite Team Day! Wear something that represents your favorite team (professional, college, or your own!)
Friday, October 13 - House Spirit Day! Wear your house shirts or color to the Wolf Pack Run for the chance to win house points!
Don’t forget to wear sneakers, dress in weather appropriate clothing, and bring a water bottle!
8. Join us at the bus loop on Thursday, October 12, from 5:30 - 6:30 pm to Chalk the Walk! All families are invited to come write messages and draw pictures for our runners! Chalk will be provided.
*Please contact the Wolf Pack Run Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions*
To spark “Wolf Pack Run Spirit” we will have 3 fun incentives!
1. We’re excited to introduce our first PTO Wolf Pack Run Drawing! For every 5 completed mailers your family returns to the school, you will receive 1 entry into a drawing for a prize of your choice! Prizes include the following:
Preferred seating at 5th grade graduation
Preferred seating at kindergarten graduation
Preferred seating at the musical
Preferred parking at the Summer Bash or Dance
Spirit wear swag
*10 winners will be chosen at random. In order to enter the drawing, please send in 5 completed mailers AND the PTO Wolf Pack Run Drawing form on the following page. All entries are due by Friday, September 15, 2023 the deadline has been extended to Tuesday, September 19, 2023! Winners will be notified by email and on the PTO Facebook page!*
2. On race day, the house that shows the most house SPIRIT by wearing their house shirts and running the most laps will be rewarded house points!
3. If we reach our goal of $25,000, all students will have another chance to throw a water balloon at Dr. Runkle and Mrs. Stanford! That’s right - Dr. Runkle and Mrs. Stanford will be hit with 1,035 water balloons!
The materials below were sent home with students the week of September 11, 2023.